Senior UX Engineer
Type: Full Time
Date Posted: April 23, 2021
Our mission is to empower learners to be demonstrably great at skills that are relevant to their success. We do this by providing career growth opportunities that are both highly personalized and competency based.
We are looking for an experienced senior UX engineer who wants to make a real impact in the world of education. If you are passionate about both technology and education, then this will be a good fit for you! We are data-driven, lean, and strive to employ engineering best practices through all our work.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage our front end component styles and libraries while also delving into implementation details. This will require experience in a broad range of technology and design tools such as Sketch, Node, React, GraphQL, CSS, & Docker. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly process mocks and designs, reproducing them faithfully in React, and ensure that final components are both delightful and accessible. They must be able to balance competing business needs and put forth recommendations that keep UX at the forefront.
ResponsibilitiesHelp coordinate UX related needs at the company and optimize the workflows and processes to maximize efficiency
- Participate in UX interviews in order to become an advocate for users
- Manage and maintain a library of components for use by the engineering team
- Create CSS/SVG animations that reward the user at key points in platform
- Ensure the quality and consistency of use of the components within our platform and develop the processes to ensure compliance
- Make the necessary technical modifications to the underlying technology to ensure that components are used most effectively
- Manage UX related tickets with both attention to detail and rigor in implementation
- Mentor others in UX best practices, WCAG standards, responsive design, and component building
- 7 or more years of proven software development experience, preferably at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently write code using best practices — particularly accessible & responsive code that looks and feels good
- Demonstrated ability to write automated test code
- Shows a solid understanding of Node and React with the ability to code custom SVGs
- Shows a solid understanding MongoDB and GraphQL
- Ability to work in a Linux environment using Docker to set up local environments, including managing Storybook and it’s components
- Able to work independently and also generate consensus between teams, driving difficult decisions to resolution with patience and grace
- Demonstrates fluency in English and ability to communicate with diverse/remote stakeholders
Technologies used: Node, React, CSS (styled-components), Sketch, Abstract, Storybook, Mongo (mongoose), GraphQL, Docker, Kubernetes (k3d)
BloomBoard is the leading platform for enabling educator advancement via micro-credentials, a form of micro-certification. With BloomBoard, districts can provide meaningful professional learning experiences, improving how they support, scale, and grow effective teachers. For educators, BloomBoard provides a place to build new competencies and earn certification through micro-credentials.
Our team consistently delivers excellence as we work to realize our company’s purpose: empower learners to be demonstrably great in skills that are relevant to their success.