Education Content Development Specialist
Type: Full Time
Date Posted: January 10, 2022
Timeline: Submit a resume and cover letter by 1/31/22 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The right person for this role should have at least 5 years of experience in a K-12 school or school system as a teacher, content specialist, and/or administrator, and experience writing published curriculum for K-12 students and/or professional development for K-12 teachers. Be prepared to share samples of written curriculum and/or professional learning materials. Please note that the hiring process for this position requires the completion of a rigorous task, which takes approximately 3-5 hours to complete.
BloomBoard is the leading platform for enabling educator advancement via micro-credentials, a form of micro-certification. BloomBoard wants to inspire educators across different roles to make transformational leaps in education—and to grow professionally. We’re looking for driven, intellectually curious, and creative people to join us in our mission. Let’s do this together.
The Content Development Specialist plays a pivotal role in researching, writing, and refining the learning experiences and competency requirements of our micro-credentials. The position does not have any employee management responsibilities; however, the Content Development Specialist may be asked to support and review the work of contract writers.
- Write (or, in some cases, co-develop with clients) the content of micro-credentials.
- Work with team lead and the Customer Success Team to understand the scope of a micro-credential based on client and/or company priorities.
- Identify and compile anchor research to inform the micro-credential learning experience.
- Identify and develop user-facing sources (e.g., research synthesis documents, protocols, case studies, etc.) that are used to build knowledge within the micro-credential.
- Develop learning tools (videos, images, templates, graphic organizers, etc.) to embed within the micro-credentials.
- Present content development progress to internal leads and team members as well as external clients and partners.
- Review and copy edit content.
- Make revisions based on supervisor, assessor, and client feedback.
- Manage and deliver work based on set timelines.
- Participate in strategic initiatives to continuously improve the quality of micro-credentials.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit their resume to email@example.com.