Fast Track Your Way to a Master’s Degree with Your National Board Certification
Enroll in a new Curriculum & Instruction Master’s Degree program from Oklahoma Christian University, powered by BloomBoard micro-credentials, and automatically earn 9 credit hours. If you are National Board Certified—you’re already 30% through the program!
This completely different and affordable program:
- Has no traditional exams or “seat time”
- Follows a learn-by-doing process that mirrors the National Board certification process
- Provides significant cost savings for NBCTs who want to earn a Master’s degree
Number of Courses = 10 | Total Credit Hours = 30
Designed for educators who are working in a classroom, Oklahoma Christian University’s fully accredited Master’s of Curriculum and Instruction program consists of courses centered on foundational skills for instruction such as leadership, classroom culture, student well-being, and learning recovery. Educators can then select a program concentration such as Blended Learning, Teaching English Learners, or Teaching Students with Disabilities. The program culminates in a Capstone project in which educators put their learning into practice by defining a problem of practice and conducting action research.
Program courses are made up of micro-credentials. Micro-credentials provide a learn-by-doing process that mirrors the National Board Certification process.
Teachers who are currently Nationally Board Certified (NBCTs) will automatically earn nine credit hours towards this 30 credit hour program. That means NBCTs will only need to complete 21 credit hours to earn this Master’s of Curriculum and Instruction degree—a significant cost savings!
As part of this program teachers will:
|√||Intentionally analyze and select instructional design models.|
|√||Build skills for assessing individual student needs.|
|√||Learn and practice strategies to fill students’ skill and knowledge gaps.|
|√||Implement student-centered learning strategies.|
|√||Develop collaborative relationships and facilitate effective professional learning.|
Learn By Doing
BloomBoard’s innovative learn-by-doing process allows teachers to practice skills immediately in their own classrooms, get coaching support, and demonstrate their teaching prowess by creating a portfolio of evidence of their practice. Our unique online degree programs are:
- Self-Paced–The program respects educators time by letting them complete the work on the schedule they pick.
- Classroom Centered–Program coursework is integrated into teachers’ classroom practice so they can complete much of the work on the job.
- Personalized–Teachers choose their program concentration. Teachers also choose the professional support they need to succeed, including faculty support, professional learning communities, and facilitated discussion groups.
- Affordable–The program is a low-cost alternative to traditional graduate courses.
Contact Us to Learn More
Complete the form below to find out more about the program and how to get started.
What Teachers Say About Micro-credentials
The feedback I’ve been getting in the program has been extremely valuable. I love my learning coach. Working through the
micro-credentials, being able to share the artifacts and evidence
of my work, and have a discussion about it is transforming
1st Grade Teacher
McDowell County Schools, North Carolina
Earning micro-credentials allows me to set my own pace and apply the learning directly to my practice. It is an authentic learning experience that benefits my students and myself. In being a “learn by doing” kind of person, the content allows me to demonstrate competency within my classroom context.
2nd Grade Teacher
Thurgood Marshall Elementary
Bellwood School District 88, Illinois