Educator establishes a system for clear, two-way communication with students’ parents or guardians.
- Emphasize common ground: you both care for the child and have his or her best interests in mind.
- If possible, engage in student-led conferences.
- Provide parents with work samples before the conference.
- Plan a clear, thoughtful agenda for the conference, prioritizing student needs.
- Ask open-ended questions, inviting parents’ insight.
- Write up a conference summary including next steps.
To earn this micro-credential, you must receive a passing evaluation for Parts 1 and 3 and Exemplary score for Part 2.
(300-word limit for each question)
Submit artifacts that were created while developing partnerships with parents or guardians by establishing two-way communication (such as links to writing, audio, images, video, or other products), including such items as:
(Note: all information about parents and guardians should be made anonymous.)
Provide a reflection on what you learned using the following questions as guidance (300-word limit):
Except where otherwise noted, this work is licensed under:
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)