Senior Software Engineer
Location: Palo Alto, California
Type: Full Time
Date Posted: March 19, 2019
We are looking for an experienced senior software engineer who wants to make a real impact in the world of education. If you are passionate about both technology and education, then this will be a good fit for you! We are data-driven, lean, and strive to employ engineering best practices through all our work.
Candidates should be comfortable with working independently across different parts of the software stack. In particular, you will be working with Docker, Kubernetes, Python, Node, GraphQL, and React.
- Provide expertise and mentoring in Software Development
- Develop high-quality, well-architected software
- Contribute to the design of BloomBoard’s products
- Automate infrastructure through Docker and Kubernetes
- Monitor and debug production systems
- Manage own tickets effectively
- 5 or more years of proven software development experience
- Demonstrated ability to write code using best practices, particularly those related to continuous integration and deployment
- Demonstrated ability to write automated test code
- Able to show solid understanding of design patterns, algorithms, and systems
- Shows a solid understanding of Node and React
- Shows a solid understanding of both relational and NoSQL databases
- Able to work independently and in teams
- Demonstrates fluency in English and ability to communicate with diverse/remote stakeholders
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
BloomBoard is the leading platform for enabling educator advancement via micro-credentials, a form of micro-certification. With BloomBoard, districts can provide meaningful professional learning experiences, improving how they support, scale, and grow effective teachers. For educators, BloomBoard provides a place to build new competencies and earn certification through micro-credentials. Our team consistently delivers excellence as we work to realize our company’s purpose: empower learners to be demonstrably great in skills that are relevant to their success.